Cultivate@China Exchange is a programme that supports artistic ideas and creative expression in pursuit of greater understanding, celebration and exchange of Chinese culture.
Recent projects include:
- Dance – development space for choreographer, Quang Kien Van
- Theatre – rehearsal space for Pokfulam Road Productions for their January place “I only came here to buy soy sauce” ahead of its debut at Camden People’s Theatre
- Music – rehearsal and performance space for The New Cola Project
Application to the Cultivate Programme is by open submission and successful participants are rewarded with development and rehearsal space, an extension to their creative network and support in staging and promoting projects. We seek to involve a wide range of forms of expression in the programme.
What we are looking for:
- Unpolished work in progress
- Creative ideas that reflect the aims of China Exchange
- Projects that would not otherwise have the opportunity to thrive
- Passion, creativity and commitment
What we offer to Cultivate participants:
- Access to up to 48 hours of space at China Exchange – rehearsals; workshops; auditions; meetings; and development space for your project
- Access to coaching, support and development ideas with CE’s team of programmers and public engagement specialists
- Opportunities to present work-in-progress through scratch performances; open rehearsals; readings and workshop sessions at China Exchange
- Opportunities to connect, collaborate and be constructive with other Cultivate participants and the broader China Exchange network
Applications are open! Please view the About Cultivate first. If you are confident that you are the right applicant, please download the Application Form and send it back to us. You can always contact us for more information.