China Exchange in the heart of Chinatown gives visitors more reasons to come to the area than dim sums and fried noodles.
China Exchange, a UK registered charity, also provides an extensive programme of talks, music, exhibitions, performances, workshops and demonstrations with global contexts, and often inspires greater curiosity and understanding of China’s impact on the world. Over 12,000 people have visited since China Exchange opened during 2015’s year of the Goat.
We are seeking an energetic person to join our small and hardworking team to project manage a temporary exhibition presenting the history of the Chinese community in Chinatown 1960 to present.
The project will focus on the tangible and intangible heritage of London’s Chinatown. It will explore the history of the Chinese community in the area from 1960 to present day.
The project seeks to present, interpret and preserve the oral histories of Chinatown’s inhabitants to better understand how the area came into being and the community’s stories, achievements and experiences shaped London’s cultural landscape.
You can find out more about our work here: http://www.chinaexchange.uk
Job Title: Part time Project Manager for a Temporary Exhibition Presenting the History of the Chinese Community in Chinatown 1960 to Present. (9 month contract. 2 days per week 16 hours)
Responsible to: CEO
- To manage the Part Time Volunteer Coordinator
- To produce 6 public free events that highlight, discuss and celebrate the exhibition
- To be responsible for purchasing of all materials related to the exhibition
- To work with the coordinator in attracting a wide range of volunteers for the project
- To work with support organisations to engage a wide range of public to be oral history interviewees
- To create an effective system of active and consistent evaluation of volunteer’s experiences
- To create a system to capture tangible data of visitor footfall
- To work with CEO to curate the exhibition
- To work with the project support organisations in sourcing donated/loaned items that will form part of the exhibition
- To use all marketing channels available at China Exchange to actively promote the exhibition to the wider public
- To event manage the free public events
- To produce and manage the exhibition launch event
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com with a short covering letter before 23:59 10 January 2019. Interviews will take place on 14 January 2019.