By using the China Exchange website, you are agreeing to comply with the terms and conditions detailed below.
Use of Website
You may print and download material from this website provided that you do not modify or reproduce any content without our prior written consent. This includes, but is not limited to: text, images, video, documents, and any other media.
China Exchange UK may collect data regarding you via our website chinaexchange.uk. This data includes:
- information, in the form of cookies, which may include details such as the IP address, referring website, browser, and other information of all visitors to this website. Data regarding your country of origin, language, and demographic information may also be provided depending on your personal internet settings. Information collected by our cookies does not identify you as an individual and does not link to any personal information you may provide via our contact or mailing forms. The data is used for statistical analysis to help us improve our site and our services to you. It is securely stored using Google Analytics. Any information collected will not be distributed to third parties unless we are obliged to do so under law;
- names and email addresses provided voluntarily by users via our contact form(s) and newsletter sign-up form(s). Any data you provide us will be held securely and follow the Data Protection Principles set out in the Data Protection Act of 1998. The data may be used by China Exchange UK to send you a reply as well as future marketing and electronic communication. You may unsubscribe from these emails at any time via the unsubscribe link on our newsletter or event invitation, or by emailing email@example.com. This information will not be distributed to third parties without prior consent unless we are obliged to do so under law.
Links to and from other Websites
This website contains links to third-party sites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. The provision of a link to such a website does not indicate that we endorse the website. China Exchange UK is not responsible for the content of third-party sites. If you visit a third-party site via a link on chinaexchange.uk you do so at your own risk.
Any party wishing to link to this website are entitled to do so provided that the following conditions are observed:
- you do not seek to imply that we are endorsing the services or products of another party unless this has been agreed with us in writing;
- you do not misrepresent your relationship with this website or company;
- the website from which you link does not contain offensive or otherwise controversial content or content that infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of a third party.
We take responsible steps to ensure that the information and material provided on this website is accurate and up-to-date at all times, however we do not guarantee that all information and material is accurate or up-to-date. By using this site, you acknowledge that such information and material may contain inaccuracies and errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Law and Jurisdiction
All material on this website is provided without any warranty of any kind. You use the materials on this website at your own discretion.
How We Collect and Use Information
We collect the following types of information about you:
Information you provide us directly:
We may ask for certain information such as your name, email address, credit card details, postal address if you are booking a ticket with us directly or taking part in one of our programmes. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of our services.
Information we may receive from third parties:
We may receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you access our website through a third-party connection or log-in, for example, through Facebook, by “following,” or “liking”, or when you book a ticket online through Ticket Tailor and paying through PayPal. This information could include, but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account (for example, your Facebook user ID), and any information you have made public in connection with that service.
We use the information we collect or receive, such as your email address, to communicate directly with you. We may send you emails containing news about our events.
China Exchange provides a regular newsletter used to let you know about our events, activities and news connected to our charity. Users can subscribe through the link on our website, through an automatic process when booking a ticket through Ticket Tailor by dropping off a business card at an event, by completing a sign up form at China Exchange or over the phone.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of China Exchange. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you.
Email marketing campaigns published by China Exchange may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity.
This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply subscribers with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign and you are welcome to contact the office by phone, email or the contact form on our website to let us know that you would like to be removed from our mailing list.
Sharing of Your Information
We will not provide your information to third parties without your consent.
Instances where we are required to share your information:
How We Store and Protect Your Information
Storage and Processing:
Compromise of information:
In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, China Exchange will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Links to Other Websites and Services
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 – The Guide