Join this free course led by identity-based violence prevention charity, Protection Approaches in partnership with China Exchange and learn more about the contribution you can make in your own community. The expert-led sessions see participants guided through a series of discussions to explore how they can contribute to building strong, inclusive, connected, and equitable communities.
- The causes of community divides and marginalisation
- What really works in building more inclusive, connected and equitable communities including best practice in community building from around the world
- The practical actions they can take in their communities to dismantle the barriers faced by those who are marginalized and to make those communities more connected and equitable
- The principles guiding how to work in and with communities in meaningful, participatory ways
- Methodologies to design impactful projects for positive change
Is it for me?
- Are you involved in some sort of community perhaps through a club, your workplace, a faith group, a voluntary group, a forum, or an association?
- Are you passionate about making our communities more inclusive, connected and equitable places for all but not sure where to start or want to gain new skills?
If you answered “yes” this training has been designed for you. We particularly want to encourage people who might think twice before joining a training like this such as those with special educational needs or who don’t always feel confident speaking up in group activities. Our team will be happy to speak to you ahead of the training to understand how we can make sure it is as accessible and comfortable for you as possible.
There are two pathways to completing the 10 hour course – four evening online sessions over a two week period OR in-person sessions over two days. All training is schedule for January.
Tuesday 10th January 6 pm – 8.30 pm
– Thursday 12th January 6 pm – 8.30 pm
– Tuesday 17th January 6 pm – 8.30 pm
– Thursday 19th of January 6 pm – 8.30 pm
Book your free place for the online sessions here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/community-builder-training-tickets-487513535107
Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 January 11am-4:30pm, China Exchange (32a Gerrard Street, W1D 6JA).
Book your free place for the in-person sessions here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/community-builder-training-china-exchange-tickets-487925697897