Join us for an online evening where you can find out more about what China Exchange has planned and how you can be involved in 2021. We will carry on our work with artists, volunteers and community members remotely, to maintain our connection with London Chinatown’s heritage and community. We will also be developing our work in exploring contemporary China. If you like the idea of joining our volunteering team from your screen, then this could be for you. We need confident and dedicated volunteers to work with us on a flexible basis from February 2021-November 2021.
This information evening is designed for existing, past and future volunteers. We welcome people from all backgrounds. Our current volunteer team is predominantly female and we would love to welcome more men to our team during 2021.
We’re looking for:
- A positive attitude
- People who enjoy working with people
- People who are enthusiastic about learning new things
- People who are interested in cultural heritage protection and promotion
- People with a strong interest in China, Chinese culture and London’s Chinatown
- People who enjoy making crafts or are interested in craft
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in English. Fluency in Mandarin and/or Cantonese would be a bonus
- Candidates who are over 18 year old and entitled to volunteer in the UK
- Candidates who are reliable and able to volunteer for minimum 8 hours per month from February 2021-November 2021
What we can offer:
- An opportunity to be involved in innovative and fun projects that celebrate London’s Chinatown and contemporary China
- Full training including workshops and activities
- A way to contribute your skills, energy and time with other like-minded people
If you would like to work with us, please download the Volunteer Registration Form and send it back to email@example.com before 23:59 Monday 8 February.
Please register your free place at the open evening on 1st February by clicking BUY TICKETS below to let us know you are coming.