Call for Volunteers – Made in Chinatown project
China Exchange will work with artists, volunteers and community members to create two ranges of unique gifts that connect with London Chinatown’s heritage and community in a vibrant and appealing way. These products will be sold to support future heritage and community projects in Chinatown.
We need confident and dedicated volunteers to work with us on a flexible basis from February 2020-November 2020.
We’re looking for:
- A positive attitude
- People who enjoy working with people
- People who are enthusiastic about learning new things
- People who are interested in cultural heritage protection and promotion
- People who enjoy making crafts or are interested in craft
- Good business sense and sales skills and experience in running market stalls would be a bonus
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in English. Fluency in Mandarin or/and Cantonese would be a bonus
- Candidates who are over 18 year old and entitled to volunteer in the UK
- Candidates who are reliable and able to volunteer for minimum 8 hours per month from February 2020-November 2020
What we can offer:
- Involved in innovative and fun projects that celebrate London’s Chinatown
- Full training including workshops and activities
- A way to contribute your skills, energy and time with other like-minded people
If you would like to work with us, please download the Volunteer Registration Form and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org before 23:59 Tuesday 26 November.
Come to our information evening on Tuesday 19 November 6:30pm-8pm to learn more about our project and meet the project team. Please register your free place by clicking here to let us know you are coming. If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com