We’re delighted to have been awarded National Lottery Heritage Fund to present The Making of Chinatown: an exhibition revealing the history London’s Chinatown from the 1960s to now. The exhibition will document the historical development of the area as well as share the stories of those that worked, lived in and shaped the area.
As part of the exhibition we are seeking volunteers to act as Exhibition Tour Guides in order to bring the exhibition to life in a fun, interactive and accessible way. Interested? Read on…
What we can offer:
- Tailored training on the history of Soho and Chinatown specific.
- Training on the content of the exhibition in order to talk confidently about it.
- Gaining and developing presentation skills.
We’re looking for:
- People who are enthusiastic about history and cultural heritage preservation
- People who enjoy working with others
- A positive attitude and good communication skills
- Fluency in English is required
- Fluency in Mandarin and Cantonese is desirable
- Candidates who are over 18 year old and entitled to volunteer in the UK
- Candidates who are reliable
If this sounds like you, please download the Exhibition Tour Guide Volunteer Registration Form and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org before 23:59 Sunday 12 May.
Please note training for this opportunity will be held on Saturday 1 June 10am-4pm.